Claremont Consulting has an immediate need for an Assistant Controller in the Atlanta, GA area. This role will report directly to the Corporate Controller and be responsible for accounting policy and financial reporting. As Assistant Controller you will provide leadership in building the financial processes, systems and staff necessary to meet the significant future growth of the company. Exciting opportunity to join a growing accounting team. Excellent company benefits.
- Act as advisor to the Controller and CFO with regards to all current and emerging GAAP
- Own accounting policy documentation and ensure standards are applied correctly
- Assist with managing the activities of the Accounting department including the general ledger, cost accounting, and the preparation of management reporting
- Monitor and recommend suggestions for improvement as appropriate to internal policies to ensure conformance and compliance with GAAP
- Participate and lead the annual year-end audit process with external auditors
- Implement technology driven accounting practices that reduce manual input and focus on improving quality and efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a public accounting role. (Big 4 preferred)
- Prior A/E Accounting experience is also a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented, analytical with the ability to create solutions with minimal oversight
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and policy development
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, specifically with manipulating and analyzing data; pivot tables, etc.
- Must be comfortable suggesting creative solutions to challenges facing the organization