Claremont Consulting has an immediate direct hire need for a Backend Developer in the Lehi, UT area. Company offers excellent benefits.
Designs, maintains, and optimizes RESTful API's and maintains mission critical features, up time, performance, object design, and developing of new features of Nok? products while learning and apply best testing, development and coding practices.
* Build high-quality, robust features for Nok? products.
* Own development for features of medium to large complexity.
* Contribute to product design and requirements discussions.
* Work independently and own multiple features.
* Design & implement features, APIs, test suites or technology according to specifications, while keeping a strong customer focus.
* Transform requirements into architectural and feature specs.
* Coordinating with other internal and external teams to help ensure proper workflows throughout the entire app experience.
* Provide accountability and ownership for all task assignments.
* Identify internal/outside technologies and when/how to use them.
* Test and profile code written by yourself and others.
* Provide status and feedback to management.
* Other duties as requested.
* Three to five years of previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
* Previous work with RESTful API Design or maintenance.
* Experience with at least one major programming language (PHP, C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.).
* Experience with code repositories and management, GIT preferred.
* Experience with databases, SQL preferred.
* Experience with web technologies such as HTTP requests, JSON, etc.
* Knowledge of debugging code & tracking down issues.
* Motivated self-starter.