A leading insurance company are looking for a Business Analyst with 2-3 years of experience working on an Outside IR35 contract for an initial 4-5 months. This will be hybrid working 1-2 days per week in Peterborough and 3-4 days from home.
To support a finance systems separation project, splitting group managed finance systems into systems managed by the Group's two operating divisions. In addition, improve Finance processes and systems to increase quality of data, speed of systems set up and increase business productivity.
· Highlight opportunities and solution options for process improvement, data quality, data automation and systems automation
· Analyse the Finance operational processes and how they use their systems
· Become familiar with O365 and its suite of applications
· Document user requirements for system updates and enhancements. Become well practiced in the creation of business requirements, including the mapping of process flow diagrams
· Be the technical subject matter expert on the tools, applications and models used by Finance Team
· Ensure that first line support for finance systems are handled in a timely manner
· Maintain user guides to accurately reflect best practice
· Create test scenarios and undertake testing for more straight forward changes
· Manage stakeholders effectively to ensure that they are clear on their involvement
· Produce documentation from which both internal and external teams can develop and test through a collaborative approach
· Escalate conflicts regarding stakeholders and project scope
· Proactive mindset, always looking to understand more insight behind how the business, systems and processes operate. Offers opinions which enable the development of others' ideas.
· Inspires others by driving a sense of appropriate pace and urgency. Projects confidence and presence. Demonstrates high personal impact even in challenging situations
· Good communication skills with the ability to simplify complex concepts and problems.
· An analytical, problem solving mindset
· Process/systems improvement exposure
· Systems analysis exposure
· Skilled in Excel - SQL a plus
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office