- Posted 16 November 2017
- Salary£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits
- LocationEdinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameGail Maguire
Business Analyst - life and pensions
My client is a highly dynamic IT Services and Consultancy company that has a strong global presence. They currently have an opportunity for a Business Analyst to join their team in Edinburgh that has experience in the Life and Pensions Sector.
The role will be client facing and working with customers in the Life and Pensions Industry.
The Ideal candidate should have experience in working across geographies and any experience of working closely with offshore/nearshore teams will be added advantage. A strong technology background and familiarity with the design of Policy administration systems will be required.
-Collaborating with Business teams to review and understand the business needs and shaping those as functional requirements
-Analyse and document the impact of potential solutions/changes on existing processes and organizational structures
- Effectively approach problem solving by identifying gaps and inefficiencies in current processes, procedures, and operating models, and recommending/ designing an optimal future state;
- Participate and/or lead in project design workshops and solution exercises, document requirements, and proposed solutions
- Maintain consistency of approach and holistic understanding;
- Work closely with the IT development teams to ensure that all functional requirements are developed into fully functional business ready systems/applications.
- Work closely with teams based in different geographical locations
- Strong experience of working as a Business Analyst within the UK Life and Pension domain, along with a good understanding of UK Life and Pension processes and current trends
- The ability to produce process documentation including process maps, flow diagrams, requirement specifications, functional designs, and features stories etc.
- Good Stakeholder Management and Interpersonal Skills
- Good understanding of techniques with respect to Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Understanding of industry-standard modelling standards and methodologies, as well as having strong Agile experience
- Experience of successful involvement in projects through the full project life cycle
- Experience of handling conflicting demands, prioritising workloads and delegating effectively in order to deliver
- Experience of Policy Administration Products such as UNISURE
- CF1 UK financial services, regulation and ethics certification
- FA2 - Pensions administration certification