A Magic Quadrant leader in Cloud and Storage is seeking an experienced Business Development Director to join their growing team in Japan This is a transformational role that will drive Japan Cloud GTM with Microsoft Azure. This position will be responsible for all aspects of selling - partnering, GTM activities, sales enablement, pipeline management, sales opportunity reporting and sales management of products and Cloud first sellers.
This role is primarily responsible for building relationships with Microsoft stakeholders and customers across the region and acts as the business development lead for the team. This role will also help customers evaluate the products for their applications, recommend solutions that meet their requirements, remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
* Develop and maintain a sales growth plan that includes mapping to the appropriate Microsoft resources, prospect into Account Team and Specialist Team units to build relationships, prospect into account teams, Prospect into end customers, manage sales opportunities, create a sales pipeline and deliver a revenue forecast to Azure Business Group leadership
* Focus on hunting for the acquisition of new customers for the product lines across the assigned countries
* Working closely with both the Microsoft and field sellers to sell the products into Microsoft Azure customers
* Identify new workloads in existing customers
* Disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; build a strong and active business network; meets sales targets and operational standards.
* Build and transform new markets and lead transformational shifts for our customers. Develop, communicate and provide high business impact solutions that enable digital transformation
* Maintain and develop a positive Customer and Partner Experience, per the foundational goals and aspirations of Microsoft
* Clear communication, status, and leadership will be essential to succeed. As this is an emerging space, the ability to pivot quickly and try new ideas will also be required
* Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, and large dollar licensing and deal negotiation
* Experience in prospecting and developing new customers, as well as new business within existing customers.
* Experience and expertise selling large cloud deals to senior business decision makers by aligning and reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer's overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria
* Ability to solve customer problems with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, specifically solutions related to new internal LOB apps and external facing apps, migration to cloud, Hybrid cloud, datacenter infrastructure modernization, DevOps/DevTest along with knowledge of enterprise and competitive cloud solutions
* Clear and demonstrated understanding of Cloud Services or SaaS sales and consumption processes
* Clear and demonstrated understanding of the various capabilities of Microsoft Azure Marketing and GTM Channels
* Ability to work in a fluid environment and possess a creative mindset for new forms of storage consumption/pricing models
* Proven ability to work collaboratively and be open to direct feedback
* Develop and grow a sales opportunity pipeline and manage a collaborative sales campaign
* Ability to define an operationalize a plan within an established company
* Be able to articulate a business case for the established direction/investment in this space
* Fluent in Japanese and English
Education & Experience:
* 10+ years demonstrated new sales acquisition success, leading high-growth, emerging businesses a plus.
* Experience in selling either cloud services or some other form of annuity-based technology product is an advantage
* Multi-lingual (Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa) is an added advantage but not a must
* Broad company & business experience, especially in go-to-market roles
* Proven success managing a diversified business, global responsibility a plus.
* A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineer or Computer Science; or related field is required. A Graduate Degree is desired.