Are you interested in being part of a world-first pioneering Quantum encryption solution that will transform the Data Security of our governments, enterprises and citizens?
An opportunity has arisen for Senior Software Engineers with in-depth experience of C/C++ Development to help build a best in-class PaaS solution which makes the communication links of any networked device safe against current and future forms of attack including threats from a Quantum Computer.
You should be an intelligent innovator who takes ownership and thinks outside the box with a record of delivering great results. You understand the needs of working in a fast paced start-up but also remain customer centric in your development.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with and realising the vision of a stellar team of cyber experts to address security threats for today and the future.
- Developing ground-breaking cybersecurity focused cloud PaaS and satellite systems, utilising modern distributed cloud technology stacks and your previous experiences to solve novel technical challenges.
- Working with systems architects to refine the definition and designs for significant system components ready for implementation.
- Developing and deploying a range of services and applications for public and hybrid/private clouds, cloud APIs, client SDKs, applications and software for a variety of platforms (IoT/mobile/server/appliance/laptop).
- Helping to refine our agile development practices, ensuring the team continually delivers superior quality software by focussing on quality-driven software engineering practices.
- Working with the Product Management team to help refine requirements and workflows, and use your customer focus to ensure world-class UX.
- Investigating internal or customer related issues, identifying root cause and providing solutions.
- Mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues to help them realise their potential.
- BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng or equivalent in Computer Science, electronic engineering or related field, or significant commercial experience of developing complex mission-critical enterprise software and services.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Thrives in an ambiguous environment
- Experience of C/C++/MATLAB
- Experience in building horizontally-scalable mission-critical enterprise or consumer platforms, software or services in the cloud or on the endpoint.
- Cloud service development (public/hybrid/private cloud)
- Device drivers on Windows, Linux or MacOS
- Low-level development under RTOS, UEFI, BIOS etc., or firmware or virtualisation development
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working within the cybersecurity industry is a strong plus
- Experience of triage, RCA and fix for software issues within a distributed system
- Working knowledge of applied cryptography
- Experience of database development (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience with OO Design, Design Patterns, Refactoring, unit testing and related areas
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM, or Lean Kanban environment
- Experience with hardware security features across different compute and mobile platforms (e.g. TPM, SGX, SME/SEV, Keychain)
If the opportunity to join a world-leading team of engineers and deliver a "world-first" quantum defence system interests you then please click apply for immediate consideration or reach out directly to email@example.com
*Applicants must have right to work in the U.K and must be eligible for SC Clearance*