A current client is seeking an experienced controller who will be responsible for all accounting, tax compliance, treasury, budgeting and forecasting, and risk management functions. This position will report to the Vice President of Administration.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Perform all month-end and year-end closing tasks, journal entries, account and intercompany reconciliation, and GL documentation. Prepare and analyze monthly/yearly financial reporting packages reflecting company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Identify areas of concern and provide explanation and guidance.
- Develop and coordinate relationships with lending/financial institutions and oversee treasury management. Schedule and process daily ACH payments and weekly check payments, review daily receivables transactions, and reconcile all bank accounts. Prepare daily reports reflecting cash flow, accounts receivables, and accounts payables.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensure all records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Coordinate any Microsoft Dynamics GP maintenance and upgrades.
- Responsible for all tax compliance activities including property and Freeboard Tax Preparation and Reporting and Sales Tax and Use Tax Preparation and Reporting. Coordinate with 3rd party tax professionals for all tax compliance filings.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Update daily performance reports. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking. Identify and recommend cost saving and production improvement opportunities.
- Manage inventory reporting process, fixed asset maintenance and reporting, and die maintenance and reporting. Ensure proper procedures for inventory counts and fixed assets are followed.
- Coordinate with 3rd party audit professionals for timely completion of required periodic audit reports.
- Oversee accounts payable process and staff. Serve as backup for AP/AR as needed.
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining cost accounting standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Experience in a manufacturing/industrial business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.