Popular, Swedish, Media Streaming company are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join their team. On offer is a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial working environment. Ideal candidates will be a self-starter, passionate about modern big data technologies and will relish the challenge of building and maintaining robust architecture designed to support near real-time analytics.
Design and build a new Data Warehouse from scratch
Setting up architecture.
Work closely with data scientists to ensure their algorithms are scalable, maintainable and robust.
Write automated tests for your code
Comfortable with Azure Data Solutions.
Work closely with business stakeholders to create solutions for their requirements.
What they look for in a candidate:
- 3+ years of Python, Java, Scala, C# or equivalent languages. Solid coding ability in OO, procedural and functional programming.
- Working with cloud technologies, e.g. GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Test automation, particularly for data pipelines.
- Experience with Big data storage (e.g HIVE, HBase, Cassandra, HDFS etc)
- Experience with Big data processing (e.g Spark, MapReduce, Apache Kafka etc)
- Knowledge of search engines such as Elastic search
- Great communication skills in English, Swedish would be a huge bonus.
- B.S./M.Sc./Phd Computer Science or equivalent experience
They are offering a lucrative package for the right candidate. This is a great opportunity to work with an exciting data-driven business. Apply asap as the client is currently holding interviews.