My client is undergoing a major transformation and is investing heavily into their Technology capabilities
This presents candidates with the chance to join at a pivotal point of growth plans. From a Data perspective, the Infrastructure Manager will be involved in migrations, integration and transformation both on-premise and cloud platforms.
This role requires the SQL Infrastructure Manager to manage the SQL team and implement SaaS based technology where appropriate.
The role will include both the management and hands on implementation and support of SQL solutions including writing SQL queries, with scripting language such as PowerShell to automate deployments
- Responsible for the end-to-end implementation including operational support
- Resource planning, reporting, identifying deployment issues
- Leading and motivating the SQL Team with a focus on their skills and career progression.
The manager will provide technical and procedural expertise to the team ensuring that the developers fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements.
Responsibilities will include
- Escalation point for operational support issues and remediation/root cause analysis
- Technical implementation using technologies such as SQL queries and PowerShell scripting.
- Deploying reliable SaaS solutions through repeatable processes and automation where possible.
- Providing technical and business consulting after determining scope of the implementation and resource planning.
- Producing technical proposals and managing risks and bottlenecks
- Escalation point within Infrastructure for Data Classification and Data Masking.
- Taking ownership of progress projects and delivering through from conceptual to production. Work with developers on continuous integration
- Undertaking impact analysis in order to performance tune and implement fit-for-purpose solutions that meet business requirements
- Lead the delivery of the Infrastructure strategy and associated milestones; including Backups, Restores, Alerting, and Monitoring
- Lead in the implementation and development of a data warehouse and new associated reporting technologies with support from the technology services team and external specialist consultants.
- Development and delivery of new reporting with MS Power BI and migration of existing reporting.
- Oversee the development of processes to improve data quality and validation to ensure data accuracy across all systems and associated reports.
- Build strong relationships through business partnering with key stakeholders to identify, evaluate and deliver MI and reporting needs
There are many other facets to this excellent role and these are outlined on the spec that I will send interested parties, upon receipt of a CV
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills
Advanced T-SQL is essential.
Commercial experience with the Full Microsoft BI stack (SS IS, SS RS, SSAS)
Years of knowledge of database design principles and proven experience of delivering soundly architected database solutions with MS SQL
Understanding developments in SQL and data insights to champion the use of new tools and technologies
Knowledge of Data Protection and Governance principles particularly related to GDPR. These include but not limited to Data Classification and Data Masking (static and dynamic)
Experience of successfully managing change within a team or teams.
Experience of database development either for ETL / Data Warehousing /MI and/or application development projects
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server; including 2016 and above
Experience read and/or write stored procedures to understand system behaviour
Experience of enterprise SQL/DB Management in a complex medium to large organisation operating in a regulated sector
Experience of Managing a SaaS estate with SQL Availability groups, SQL Clustering, HA
Experience in developing integrations of Azure or AWS data platforms to various type of external systems with the ability to recommend approach and technology covering Data Warehousing.
Previous experience within an Infrastructure Management role.
Previous experience of managing a successful IT team is essential, ideally with experience of remote management
This is an excellent role and will provide excellent challenges and career development to the successful candidate
Please send your CV and I will get back to you as soon as possible