Director of SEC & Financial Reporting - Direct Hire
Excellent company benefits offered.
Claremont Consulting is looking for an experienced, hands-on Accounting senior leader looking to build and own a core function within the accounting department focusing on all aspects of public company reporting and compliance. In this role, you will lead projects focusing on establishing and streamlining SEC reporting, assisting with the implementation of the first year Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) program, implementing core systems managing external reporting and compliance, and developing public company technical accounting policies. Position is located in the Douglasville, GA area.
- Own and manage the internal and external SEC financial reporting process, including preparation of Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and 11-K and other financial reporting and governmental statutory reporting, as required.
- Implement and manage SEC reporting software.
- Interface with internal and external auditors regarding SEC and financial reporting issues.
- Participate in the earnings release process including preparation of earnings release tables and supporting narrative documentation.
- Coordinate the preparation of the MD&A for all public filings.
- Identify, resolve, and review issues affecting the Company's reporting compliance.
- Assist with monitoring, assessing, communicating, and implementing changes in SEC, GAAP and IFRS accounting and disclosure rules and regulations which may have an impact on the company's filings.
- Lead technical accounting research, prepare technical accounting memos, and communicate technical accounting conclusions to internal stakeholders and external auditors.
- Understand differences between international reporting standards and US reporting standards to determine US GAAP adjustments, if applicable.
- Disseminate and prepare consolidated financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly/quarterly/annual consolidated financial statements.
- Complete SEC and GAAP disclosure checklists for each filing as applicable to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and review XBRL tagging as needed.
- Work with external auditors and prepare documentation to support audit requests.
- Manage ad-hoc audit and compliance-related projects as needed.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, prefer experience working for a national public accounting firm.
- CPA required.
- Direct experience with the SEC registrants and technical accounting relating to public company operations required.
- Direct experience with PCAOB standards, SOX requirements and COSO framework required.
- Strong communication and strong project management skills required.
- Must possess top level critical thinking and analytical skills.