Embedded Software Engineer
Claremont Consulting has a direct hire opportunity in the Lehi, Utah area for an Embedded Software Engineer. Excellent benefits package!
Design low powered access control hardware and firmware from schematics to finished product. Work closely with hardware, software and app teams to make products easy to use and secure.
- Work closely with the hardware team to develop firmware for new hardware products.
- Minimize current consumption of all products through hardware and firmware changes.
- Develop firmware that communicates over BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and other mesh technologies.
- Develop firmware for Embedded Linux applications.
- Develop over the air firmware updates and supervise roll out.
- Maintain, audit and update existing security protocols for communications.
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Five years previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
- Linux application experience. Embedded Linux experience a plus.
- Knowledge of C and C++.
- Experience developing low power hardware and firmware.
- Experience working with microprocessors. NRF platforms a plus.
- Experience reading schematics.
- Experience with low power applications.
- Mid-level computer skills required; Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel.