Are you a technology advocate who enjoys facilitating Engineers reaching their aspirations? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
By playing this key role, you will be tasked with:
* Be a technical Product Manager as much as a line manager, overseeing the technical direction that your engineering community is responsible for, creating and maintaining technical backlogs to drive technical upkeep and enhancements/upgrades alongside the more direct business initiatives
* Work with Digital delivery to identify right resources for the right project/task required to successfully deliver the product roadmap
* Work in collaboration with Architecture, delivery and Product resources to understand the key commercial implications of delivery to understand business drivers and roadmaps as well as any enterprise-level technical constraints.
* Line manage and lead a team of engineers, accountable for technology standards and communities of practise in a high performance, fast-paced, delivery focussed environment
* Lead by example and not execution, developing engineers to step forward and take the lead through your mentorship, preparing them for engineering management or wider roles within Digital.
* Experience managing high-performing software engineers
* Comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus
* Empathetic leadership style
* Strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including SCM, build configuration and processes, code quality, testing practices and operations
* Have a strong understanding of system design and software architecture. Must be able to engage in meaningful conversations with engineers, architects and the Senior Engineer Manager in terms of how we should design systems
* Experience of Agile development using continuous integration principles
* Ability to coordinate build activities across multiple systems and understand how to undertake and support testing activities.
* Ability to quickly comprehend new technical topics and help refine technical roadmaps and strategies
* Experience in DevOps and passion for Cloud Native DevOps
*Salary: £75,000 - £80,000
*Benefits: Car Allowance, Private Medical Cover (Including family), up to 30% bonus and Pension
*Location: Central London (WFH 2-3 days a week)
If you are an Engineering Manager who hate's to fail but is not scared to do so either and you can instil this into the teams you manage then we would love to hear from you!
Please click apply for immediate consideration or alternatively, reach out directly to Billy.Hamblin@claremontconsulting.com for further information.