Claremont Consulting has a Direct Hire need for a Facility Maintenance Technician in the Kennesaw, GA area. In this role, you will work as part of the plant maintenance team, with a primary focus on supporting building systems such as security, fire, ventilation, electrical, lighting and plumbing. As the Facility Maintenance Technician, you will also perform light construction work such as sheetrock installation, flooring, and painting, and managing outside contractors providing services related to building maintenance. Must effectively communicate with the maintenance team to assist with all categories of plant and equipment maintenance.
* Comply with all OSHA and company safety standards, including but not limited to such things as lockout/tagout, PPE, fall protection, hazardous chemical use, and forklift safety.
* Maintain positive and respectful working relationships with coworkers, exemplifying the cultural values.
* Monitor, manage and perform preventative maintenance for building systems.
* Respond and communicate in a timely manner regarding Helpdesk tickets and other requests to resolve problems related to facility maintenance.
* Specify, budget and coordinate facility maintenance projects with outside contractors.
* Maintain accurate paper and computer records.
* Purchase and manage maintenance supplies.
* Write standard operating procedures for safety and maintenance.
* Participate as a member of the plant safety team.
* Keep the maintenance area and work sites organized and clean - including tools, workbench, active projects, parts, and supplies.
* Contribute ideas to ensure and improve the safety, security, and effectiveness of the workplace.
Skills & Abilities:
* Safe and professional operation of manual, power and diagnostic tools required for facility and equipment maintenance.
* Work effectually within a collaborative team.
* Professional knowledge of building systems such as electrical, lighting, plumbing, ventilation, security, and fire.
* Basic building skills such as carpentry, painting, sheetrock.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Accurately interpret systems blueprints, equipment schematics and specifications.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent personal and job organizational work habits.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel).
* Work flexible hours as needed.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in building maintenance or general contracting.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* OSHA training certification.
* Forklift certification and Scissor lift certification.
* Current valid driver's license and clean driving record, insurable to operate company vehicles.
* Management or participation in a facility safety program.