The Fire Sprinkler Designer is Responsible for the design of mechanical fire protection systems based on site surveys or supplied drawings. We are looking for Desingers with CAD, BIM and Revit experience who are looking for a challenging new career are a fire sprinkler designer.
How you will do it
1. Proven ability to design water based fire suppression systems, including Sprinklers, Dry Risers, Wet Risers, Hose Reels and Hydrants and their associated water supplies.
2. You will be required to manage day-to day design and co-ordination issues with clients, M&E design teams, Fire Consultants, Installers, Fabricators, Local Fire and Water authorities and Insurers.
3. Training will be provided in the use of our in-house hydraulic calculation programme.
4. We operate on a national basis and have a network of branch offices, Therefore geographical placement of the role is dependent upon the location of the successful candidate.
5. Whilst the majority of the work will be regional, on occasions, you may be required to either work on site with our client's design team or occasionally travel on a national basis.
What we look for
Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and if you also have BIM/3D capabilities it would be a distinct advantage.
Capable of producing computerised hydraulic calculations and associated drawings.
A full UK driving license.
Experience in the use of Microsoft office would be advantageous.
Ability to carry out site surveys and review existing systems.