- Posted 26 January 2021
- SalaryUS$55000.00 - US$60000.00 per annum
- LocationHialeah, Florida
- Job type Permanent
- This role will successfully develop or replicate new formulations or contribute to expanding and improving current formulations, taking ownership of projects and bench work. Oversee projects to ensure project scope and customers' expectations are successfully managed, met/exceeded.
Duties and responsibilities
- Take ownership of projects and bench work in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding ingredient functionality as it pertains to the designated formula.
- Ensure formulation compliancy with country/state regulations and client's hotlist or negative list.
- Source ingredients, Chemicals materials and meet and correspond with vendors and suppliers.
- Ensure traceability of all necessary information.
- Ensure notebook completion and compliancy of direct reports.
- Communicate to direct supervisor any issue related to project feasibility.
- Ensure batches of formulas needed for submitting samples and reformulation based on feedback in expedient fashion according to customer deadlines.
- Comprehend financial impact of product cost and how to develop cost-effective high-quality formulas in order to meet objectives along with pricing goals.
- Schedule/Calendar all necessary routine stability and preservative challenge testing.
- Review, interpret and qualify stability and report any red flags in stability or microbiological study.
- Maintain laboratory safety standards.
- Proper maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Responsible for personnel scheduling/vacation and project prioritizing.
- Oversee the transfer of lab technology to manufacturing as needed to ensure successful production of batches.
- Communicate with sales/marketing department to effectively understand project expectations and manage projects based on product briefs and development requests.
- Provide troubleshooting activity in compounding/manufacturing or Q.C. to meet product specifications.
- Interact with Manufacturing, Production, Purchasing, and QA/QC Department.
- Performs any other duties or tasks that may be required by direct supervisor or by the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related field and 3-5+ years formulating experience in hair or skin care.
- Broad understanding of the Personal Care Market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Bilingual; fluent English and Spanish.
- Must be able to communicate ideas and instructions with clarity and good control of language.
- Must have adequate hearing, olfactory, and visual ability in order to develop and evaluate personal care products.
Work is performed in a laboratory and office setting.
Working in the lab requires good physical ability. There will be reaching and moving throughout the lab, weighing materials, carrying raw materials, product and lab equipment. Must possess physical ability to fulfill job requirement and are expected to remain standing for sustained periods of time while working at a lab bench.