My client who are a global UK broadcaster are currently looking for a Full Stack Developer on a 3 months contract with scope of extension to 12 months.
Your key responsibilities:
- Responsible for contributing to and helping shape the technical direction of the department, while delivering on it day-to-day in a delivery team.
- Able to offer advice and guidance around design, architectural decisions and code quality.
- Create applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and promote maintainability and extensibility.
- Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal standards and industry best-practice.
- Enhance and support existing applications / platform.
- Design, develop, test and support new micro-service applications.
- Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge.
- Actively be involved in all aspects of the agile delivery cycle.
- Ability to understand when tech debt or refactoring tasks should be undertaken vs delivering project-based business value against tight deadlines.
- Drive best software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Extensive system development knowledge with .Net (C#), SQL (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) and NoSQL (e.g. Couchbase, MongoDB)
- Applied knowledge of software engineering best practice and software development methodologies. e.g. XP, Scrum, design patterns, SOLID principles, Test Driven Development, Object Oriented design and implementation, APIs (REST etc.)
- Extensive system development knowledge of automated continuous delivery and deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes etc), and automated testing (Python + pytest, Groovy, Spock, OWASP, Gatling).
- Experience of working with Message Queuing (e.g. ActiveMQ).
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- Experience of working collaboratively with non-technical business staff in order to agree requirements, timescales and acceptance criteria.