Leading financial services provider who is looking for a Head Of Data science to come and support their Data function on a permanent basis.
As a Head of Data Science, your primary responsibility is to support and mentor a skilled team of multi-disciplinary Data Engineers/Scientist to grow and grow with them while making sure they have what they need to build great products. You are expected to be a leader technical enough to quickly grasp the challenges unique to data products, keep track of your team’s progress and performance, support them in driving technical initiatives while establishing ways of working with our ML products company-wide. You will be ensuring the team’s development of their professional skills and competences by enabling a creative and challenging atmosphere - they like the rest of the company are already thriving in an environment of trust and fun!
In addition to this, you will be instrumental in exploring the areas that can benefit from our data products solutions both within the company and with the help of our clients.
- Coach, hire and mentor cross-functional teams composed of data scientists, ML, and backend engineers
- Drive technical development and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Foster a culture of trust, responsibility, and friendliness
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects cross-product teams
- Work closely with product management to ensure we are building products in the best way
- You will join the Data Products leadership team and report to its Director of Engineering.
What we look for:
- Several years’ experience managing multidisciplinary teams
- You have hired and led high-performance Data teams
- You have a solid experience from working in an agile development environment
- Solid people management experience
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
About the team:
We transform basic financial data into valuable information by means of engineering and machine learning techniques. As data is ingested into our platform it gets enriched, helping end-users and financial entities to understand it and make better, informed decisions.
Our teams are fully cross-functional, Data Scientists sit together with Machine Learning and Backend engineers, who own a mission and are responsible for executing on the strategy by building, operating, and improving the products they own. From enriching the data as it is ingested to serving it directly to customers or to higher-level solutions built by the company.
We use GCP and AWS as platforms, and technologies such as Airflow, MLFlow, BigQuery, Athena, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and MySQL, and all our microservices run on Kubernetes.