Maintains, repairs, modifies, replaces, installs, and performs routine and preventive maintenance on a wide variety of light and heavy duty heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment for existing facilities in Miami, FL. Performs routine and non-routine maintenance on equipment and utilities systems while maintaining functionality and ensuring reliability.
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) to troubleshoot and PM site equipment; HVAC units, exhaust fans, air compressors, heaters, pumps, motors, controllers, heat exchangers, cooling towers, chilled water systems, generators, electrical systems, etc.
- Thoroughly document troubleshooting, root cause analysis and correction/corrective actions of critical facilities and utilities systems performance issues or failures, following good documentation practices (GDP).
- Train and supervise staff on operation and repair of equipment as assigned.
- Participate and technically support in equipment installation, commissioning, qualification, re-qualification of existing and/or new equipment as required.
- Perform routine and advanced maintenance on the equipment and systems.
- Schedule, supervise and escort external contractors hired for work related to any facilities/utilities, general building maintenance or construction as necessary.
- Perform routine and advanced inspections and be the technical HVAC SME.
- This position demands a team player approach to project implementation, active participation in technical reviews, equipment relocations, new equipment installations, equipment/facilities refurbishments or overhauls, etc.
- Hands on attitude to resolve complex equipment problems and troubleshooting activities.
- Comprehensive understanding for the use of test instruments and tools, following the best safety practices.
- Understands and complies with all current cGMP's/GDP, OSHA, Safety rules, PPE, etc.
- Teamwork with engineering, operations, R&D and quality teams to continuously improve site operations.
- Improve the performance metrics within his/her area of responsibility.
- As an extended member of the Hurricane Task Force assist in the early stage of the hurricane threat and be proactive for site preparation at the beginning of the season and a first line respondent during aftermath and site recovery.
- Positive attitude, good sense of urgency to resolve situations and excellent communication skills are a must.
- Duties performed independently. Advanced problem solving and trouble shooting skills are required.
- Regular contact with both internal personnel and external contractors to exchange information and coordinate tasks and work as a team. Must be organized and have good recordkeeping ability following cGMP's.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Varying duties dependent upon circumstances and training as directed by department management. Typical additional facilities tasks include but are not exclusive to: lights, doors, floor tiles, ceiling tiles, painting, wall repairs, set up training rooms per customer request, GEM cars, forklifts, etc.
Troubleshoot and PM site equipment; HVAC units, air compressors, heaters, pumps, motors, controllers, heat exchangers, cooling towers, chillers, generators, electrical systems, filters testing, purified water (PW) systems, etc. Familiarity and experience with BMS/BAS (Building Management Systems/Building Automation System) preferred. Knowledge of and experience with RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) and TPM (Total Plant Maintenance) preferred.
Education & Experience:
Associates or advanced degree is preferred. Two years of trades school or documented apprenticeship in HVAC, refrigeration, electrical skills and plumbing or other craft skills minimum. Industrial Maintenance, Licensed/Certification: HVAC, EPA Section 608 Type III and Universal are ideal. Hands on repair and replacement skills required with a minimum of ten (10) years' experience. Medical device, pharmaceutical, hospital operations companies' experience (preferred).
Partially air-conditioned office environment. Majority of time spent in the field on the job site.
Lift and carry objects weighing up to fifty pounds. Visual acuity and manual dexterity required to proof read documents and operate computers at an intermediate to advanced level required.
Priorities often change, with frequent interruptions and multiple competing demands. Must be able to prioritize tasks.
Due to the nature and complexity of our operations and safety requirements it is required to be on call 24/7 per business needs. Customer service / customer focus, excellent attitude and teamwork are very important. Must be able to follow directions.