80% WFH after covid
My client is a highly dynamic and successful IT Services and consultancy organisation with a strong presence across the UK.
They currently have an opportunity for an IT Security Consultant/engineer to join their team in Central Scotland. You could be a Desktop Virtualisation/Infrastructure Support Engineer with an IT background in VMware/Hyper-V, Storage, Security, backup and recovery.
The role will involve:
- Supporting customers with cyber security issues around
- Discover and qualify customer security requirements and recommend best practice SIEM Solutions.
- Engaging with vendor resources for technical queries and ensuring solutions are accurately positioned.
- Participation in partner marketing and sales events
- Assist pre-sales with SIEM sizing, architecture, bid responses and client technical meetings.
- Helping clients achieve Cyber Essentials, offering advice and remediation work.
- Delivery and presentation of Customer Cyber Security and Risk Assessments
- Management of IT Security Audits
- Providing consultancy around existing security systems or designing new ones
- Development of backup and recovery processes and procedures
- First line response to security breaches i.e. ability to form a response team, assess and determine impact, capture logs, plan and work with the recovery team etc.
- Ownership and management of incident handling/corrective actions in the event of a security breach
- Ensuring that client and in-house governance and security standards are met i.e., Cyber Essentials, ISO27001 and GDPR regulations
- Maintenance and strengthening of existing client security obligations
- Offer exemplary customer service, including building and maintaining customer relationships.
The successful candidate will have:
- Pre and post Security/Cyber sales experience and participating in the commercial bid/tender process.
Current knowledge of Information Security Risks i.e., denial of service attacks, hacking, malware, phishing, viruses, ransomware, spyware and/or trojans
- An awareness of industry best practice and security hardening guidelines
- Experience of information governance/data protection compliance in a cloud computing environment
- Experience implementing and creating security policies.
- A strong understanding of ISMS (ISO27001 standards)
- Risk analysis/assessment experience a plus.
- Desirable is an solid IT background in Virtualisation, Networking (CCNA,CCNP) or Cyber Security related areas
- Any certification in information security (CISSP, CISM, SSCP, CISA, COMPTIA Security+ etc.) or comparable work experience would be an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic business. Contact me for more info