This role will develop a key solution to support agile, feature based delivery in a complex and fast-moving development environment.
If you are an excellent communicator, have experience of software development design, Java/J2EE, Spring Boot and software development life cycle tooling we would like to hear from you.
What You'll Do:
* Working closely with the Principal Engineers, Software Solutions and Dev Ops team members to build a new productivity solution managing and integration the full development life cycle.
* Analysing software problems and recommending/ implementing solutions with minimal assistance.
* Designing and implementing changes to existing software and ensuring these support both new and established capabilities/ functionality.
* Identifying unit and service test scenarios and verifying the software component(s) work as specified
What You'll Bring:
* Development experience using REST, Java/ J2EE and the Spring Framework.
* Proven experience of leading small development initiatives.
* Experience of test-driven development and associated technologies (e.g. JUnit)
* Familiar with service based development and the associated technologies (application server and web server), including producing / working against services specifications.
* Familiar with software development methods and frameworks, with an interest in Agile techniques and methods.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide written & verbal updates tailored to your audience.
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
Where You'll Work:
This will be a hybrid role with a percentage of time spent in the Livingston Watermark office and the remainder from home