£50000 - £518281 per annum + HIGHLY COMPETITIVE RATE
about 1 year ago
Java/Scala Developer - GLASGOW
My client is a highly dynamic and globally successful financial services and investment banking sector.
They currently have an opportunity for a Java developer with strong core Java skills to join their team in Glasgow.
A core Java developer is required to support a global front-office team function designing a complete restructure of an application solution.
Role Responsibilities: We are looking for someone to help own problems and be able to demonstrate leadership and responsibility for the delivery of new features. As part of the development cycle, you would be expected to write quality unit tests, supply documentation if relevant for new feature build outs, and be involved in the test cycle (UAT, integration, regression) for the delivery and fixing of bugs for your new features.
Although the role is predominantly Java, we require someone who is flexible with the development environment, as some days you might be writing Java, and other days you might be fixing stored procedures or perl scripts. You would be expected to get involved in the Level 3 production support rota which is shared between our developers on a monthly cycle, and to occasionally help with weekend deployment activities to deploy and verify any code changes you have been involved in.
The team and role is ideal for someone looking for a strong career development path with many opportunities to grow, learn and develop.
- Core Java J2SE, Spring, JUnit, JMS
- Understanding of message based architectures
- RDBMS Sybase and/or DB2 is preferable, with a proficiency in writing complex SQL queries
- Unix/Linux scripting - Perl scripting
- Good Problem solving and analytical skills
- Object Oriented Design and Development
- Full software development lifecycle understanding
- Good software development practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An interest to learn the business supported by the applications
This is an excellent opportunity to work on large global development projects