- Posted 27 November 2017
- Salary£55000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits
- LocationLondon, England
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameMohit Rajpara
A client of our`s based in London are looking for a Linux systems engineer to work on a permanent basis. My client is a FTSE 100 listed company.. In this role you will perform day to day operational System Administration duties across the service delivery platform and its associated systems ensuring high service quality and availability to our customers and end users.
- Support New Product and Services roadmap introduction projects. Specifically, technology search, design, deployment and introduction into the service delivery platform structure and processes.
- Strategic management of upgrade, monitoring and scaling/capacity/disaster recovery planning for the core service delivery systems
- Setup and maintain high availability systems to meet business SLAs
- Responsibilities entail: the design, development, testing, implementation, automation, monitoring, and administration of entire solutions.
- As required, perform day to System Administration activities required to maintain the performance and availability of the service delivery platform to meet business requirements and SLAs
- Business-related technology activities
Provide 3rd Line Support to customers according to SLAs - resolving technical support tickets, including participation in an out-of-hours on call rota
Strong background in Linux Administration and networking and subnet knowledge required.
- Prior experience with OpenStack, Azure, Cloud Foundry, VMWARE EXSi, vSphere.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Strong experience with SQL and PostgreSQL, MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- A working understanding of code and script (Python, Perl, Ruby, and or Bash)
- Design, build/deploy and manage solutions that enhance engineering productivity
- Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for search system components.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
This is a great of opportunity for a candidate move into a full DevOps role. The business is one of the leads within the space and career progression is embedded in their culture. If you feel this role is for you then apply ASAP as interviews are currently being held.