- Posted 26 January 2021
- SalaryUp to £0.00 per annum
- LocationBerlin, Germany
- Job type Contract
We are seeking for one of our Clients in Berlin a highly motivated individual to join the Master Data team as a Master Data Professional who will manage the day-to-day activities and various responsibilities pertaining to supplier master data within the organization. Daily, this position will interact directly with suppliers and employees to ensure compliance with the internal audit controls, Finance and Global Procurement Policy and country-specific laws. The candidate will use multiple web-based systems to accurately create, maintain, and validate supplier master data on a timely basis for our Europe region.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years' experience in a fast-paced environment. The ability to meet tight deadlines and flexibility in handling changing priorities is essential to be successful in this position.
* Process vendor master additions and changes in an accurate and timely manner
* Maintain accurate tax information to support year-end processing of 1099's and other compliance requests
* Provide support and training to new and existing users who experience issues with vendor requests
* Prepare vendor mass update request as needed
* Assist manager with performing root-cause analysis on master data integration problems. Recommend and execute corrective action
* Assist manager in the governance of change requests to MDM components and policies. Review Vendor Master Data requests to ensure high-quality data is available to execute Global Procure-To-Pay business processes.
* Assist manager with constant improvement in the quality and accuracy of the master data to ensure uninterrupted business continuity
* Ensures SOX Controls, Finance Policies, Documented Procedures are enforced.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business preferred or equivalent experience
* Fluent in German
* Experience with ERP systems
* Evidence of exceptional abilities and highly accurate when processing detail-oriented tasks
* Good experience in Finance and/or Operations role preferred
* Able to work independently with little instruction and can adapt to change
* Able to work well with others in a team environment
* Able to work with an off-shore team based in the US
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
* Professional written and verbal communication skills required with a customer service approach
* Comfortability learning new software/tools with minimal supervision
* Attitude is everything. Must be open to learning, collaborating, and helping where needed
* Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance required
* Direct experience in Master Data Governance role a plus
* Intermediate+ Excel skills preferred
* Previous experience with data validation and analysis preferred