Claremont Consulting has a Direct Hire need for a Materials Manager in the Columbus, GA area. In this role you will be responsible for managing inventory and production planning. Excellent company benefits offered.
- Leads and fosters the continuous improvement roadmap for the supply chain team.
- Leverages tools to drive continued operational improvements and ensures engagement of the entire supply chain team through clear communication and leadership skills.
- Accountable for all planning and inventory activities and metrics, as well as on-time delivery to customers.
- Holds full ownership of the inventory processes to include cycling out slow-moving product, ensuring accuracy of cycle counting, and increasing inventory velocity.
- Works closely with the Procurement department to develop, manage, and maintain an abundant supply base that delivers on time with favorable quality and costs.
- Identifies barriers, establishes priorities, evaluates practices, and develops plans to ensure successful production control operations.
- Proposes strategies to reduce cost and improve procedures of supply chain logistics.
- Monitor's demand and analyzes data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs.
- Supports finance and corporate gross margin goals through active participation in financial review meetings, providing expertise in cost reduction measures relating to production and purchasing.
- At least 5 years of combined experience in production planning, procurement, and material management.
- May consider candidates with 8 years of directly relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- APICS certification is preferred.
- Experience in working with electronic inventory systems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and solutions.