Operations / Data Scientist
Claremont Consulting has a Direct Hire opportunity for an Operations / Data Scientist in the Columbus, GA area. In this role, you will be responsible for performing strategic analytics to support business improvement and management decision making. Excellent company benefits offered.
- Highly adept at performing complex analytics, developing analytical theories, and validating the results of analytics through inquiry and data. Ability to interpret data into action based on findings.
- Develop analytical models and performance metrics across the business covering all primary business drivers of a high product mix assembly and logistics business.
- Gather data from disparate systems, model trends, analyze opportunities, perform data cleansing with operating team and drive data standards to support ongoing analytics and performance.
- Perform production & operating expenses variance analysis, model and understand inventory costs, variance and cycle counts, and analytics.
- Support standard costs modeling for a high mix service organization and comfortable with ERP systems and databases including supporting standard cost elements: Bills of Material (BOM's), Routings, production, sales orders, pricing, logistics/freight.
- Ability to model complex logistics and freight cost optimization and pricing models including parcel, courier, and other transportation modes.Able to draw informed recommendations grounded in accurate, complete, and consistent data analytics.
- Develop internal materials for senior leadership and the board that evaluate historical and projected business trends, the financial impact and rationale for potential strategic alternatives, and other information as requested.
- Maintain and develop detailed financial projection models and analysis for large projects and initiatives, including acquisition activities.
- Perform acquisition due diligence and quality of earnings assessments.
- Produce dashboards, monthly operational KPI reports for the executive team.
- Perform other ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. MBA (preferred).
- 5+ years of data analytics and financial analysis experience in a quantitative discipline in a manufacturing / supply chain environment.
- Solid understanding of finance and generally accepted accounting procedures required including Standard Costing models and familiarity with supply chain cost structures (material, inventory, BOM's, routings, pricing, and operational accounting).
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g., Datorama, Tableau, Power BI).
- Prior financial analysis experience supporting private equity sponsors preferred.
- Must have demonstrable advanced level Excel skills, including developing financial projection models and working with large data sets.
- Experience with One World, NetSuite, or Oracle ERP, CXT systems preferred.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Other various ad-hoc analysis for all departments, particularly relating to Profitability, Direct Labor Utilization and Staffing, and Operational Efficiency.