Claremont Consulting has an immediate need for a Payroll Manager. This is a 3 month contract assignment with a premier Engineering Firm here in Atlanta, GA.
- Responsible for preparation and processing of firm wide bi-weekly payrolls in multi-state tax jurisdictions for 600 plus employees.
- Responsible for processing of involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, and set up of new tax jurisdictions when needed.
- In charge of updating payroll provider (ADP) with unemployment rate changes for tax calculation purposes.
- In charge of assisting in generation of Total Compensation Statements for employees, and setting up/maintaining employee data information in accounting (Deltek Vision) and payroll (ADP) software.
- Responsible for providing responses to current and past employment verification requests.
- In charge of bi-weekly transmission of HSA & 401(k) contributions to respective carriers. Sets up new employees in Wells Fargo for 401(k) plan entry.
- Responsible for reviewing/approving/posting employee time-sheets on a weekly basis, and training new employees on time and attendance procedures.
- Manages weekly paid leave accruals, and responsible for researching and responding to inquires of paid leave accrual balances.
- Provides 401(k), HSA, and payroll audits to accounting when needed.
- Set ups monthly 401(k) meetings and provides eligible employees with necessary plan entry materials.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining positive customer and client relationships. Works with employees to answer all payroll, HSA, 401(k) questions when required, and communicates with ADP on an as needed basis.
- Proficient in MS Office and software programs applicable to job type.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year college or university; and 6 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.