- Posted 25 January 2021
- SalaryUp to £43680.00 per annum
- LocationSandy Springs, Georgia
- Job type Contract
Phone Triage Nurse (LPN or RN)
The Phone Triage Nurse assures that communication with each caller will be handled in a professional and tactful manner. When appropriate, the caller's symptoms will be assessed and triaged using the nursing process and approved guidelines to assist in obtaining the appropriate level of care and/or self-care advice.
- Uphold and support the mission, objectives, and policies of the clinic.
- Respond promptly to each incoming call.
- Phone nurse triages phone calls for sick appointments and gives advice of which protocol book is provided.
- Manages faxes that come into the office to include: labs, home health orders, school forms, immunization forms, writing letters of medical necessity for the providers for home health equipment or supplies, and prior authorizations.
- Utilize all resources and guidelines to effectively assess, prioritize, advise, schedule physician appointments, or refer calls when necessary to the appropriate medical facility or personnel.
- Triage phone nurse will also be cross trained to work on the floor if needed.