What you will do
Cool Solution was established 17 years ago and has grown to become a significant player in the mechanical services market, delivering national installation from our offices in Cardiff and the Midlands. We offer a service to design, install and maintain all types of comfort systems covering ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
We focus mainly on working within commercial buildings, fitting out offices, retail, hotels, and industrial premises to suit the needs of the end users as well as specialist applications such as refrigeration and clean rooms.
In the summer of 2021 Johnson Controls successfully completed the acquisition of Cool Solution. Johnson Controls offers the largest portfolio of HVAC equipment and controls in the world redefining the environments where people live, work, learn and play! We are the power behind our customers' missions!
As the Project Manager you are responsible for maintaining a close working relationship with the Head of Operations to review, improve and successfully achieve objectives across a range of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning contracts. Our projects sit across varied industries including: medical, pharmaceutical, retail, office and warehouse distribution etc
How you will do it
You will lead and co-ordinate the delivery of our HVAC projects to their conclusion. We are ideally looking for a Project Manager to be based around the office location in Cardiff, however, as our projects are based across the UK this is not essential and some travel is expected. You will be required to attend on-site reviews with customers, suppliers and contractors.
You will conduct regular safety and audits on site with your engineers and sub-contractors to ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with defined procedures. You take the responsibility for the delivery of projects on time, within budget and in a professional manner.
What we look for
- Experience of owning the successful delivery of multiple mechanical projects within the HVAC industry
- Proven experience working with plumbing, heating and chilled water pipework installations
- Previous experience working with crimped copper and steel pipework ranging from 67mm down to 15mm
- Understanding of building plans and drawings that comes with knowledge of building codes, safety laws, and safety practices
- Ability to produce Risk and Method Statements
- Ability to lead and influence both internal & external partners at all levels.
- Excellency in verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Full Driving License,
- Relevant City & Guilds or NVQ qualifications
- CSCS/JIB card
- Gas Safe Qualifications
If you are successful we can offer you a company culture that promotes work life balance, a commitment to continued learning and development, access to mental health support, a fantastic benefits package which includes a competitive salary, pension, life assurance, employee assistance program, employee referral scheme, discount on Johnson Controls security products including ADT Smart Home plus voluntary schemes for childcare vouchers, cycle to work, eye care vouchers and holiday purchase.