Summary: The purchasing Agent will perform all necessary functions related to purchasing raw materials for production. This includes but is not limited to purchasing raw materials and monitoring the shipment and receipt of goods to ensure they arrive on time and in proper condition to meet production requirements; analyzing consumption to determine optimal inventory levels to maintain; adjusting safety stock levels accordingly; meeting with existing and new vendors to discuss market conditions, pricing, new opportunities, etc. and to develop and build upon relationships; perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Review raw material requirements, send purchase orders to vendors, and monitor shipments to ensure material is received on time for production.
- Confirm vendor PO acknowledgments meet required delivery dates. If not, review the product position to determine if action needs to be taken.
- Follow up with vendors for shipment tracking details, monitor the status until arrival, and contact shipping companies if necessary.
- Adjust ETA(s) accordingly in SAP.
- PO's subject to sample approval:
- Maintain a sample log and record pertinent information relating to the samples.
- Relay pertinent sample details to Quality Control.
- Relay results to the vendor once available.
- Monitor HOT/URGENT items closely and follow up on the status frequently.
- Create inbounds for incoming shipments.
- Analyze inventory and consumption to determine optimal levels to maintain.
- Revise and update safety stock values accordingly.
- Be up to date with current market conditions and use the knowledge to make strategic purchasing decisions.
- Maintain and build partnerships with vendors.
- Engage and meet frequently to discuss markets, pricing, availability, opportunities, etc.
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Work with Planning and Production and provide information regarding the status of raw materials.
- Attend weekly production meetings.
- Update and maintain pricing in Info Records in SAP.
- Request required documentation from vendors and distributed internally for validation.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Education and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree
- Five years job experience in procurement
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Familiar with SAP a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; proactive; self-starter; fast learner; able to adapt; strong foresight; good memory.
- English, Spanish a plus.