Performs professional, technical laboratory functions.
- Implements analytical methodologies under minimum supervision by employing various analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Records, reports and reviews test results; prepares documentation in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Performs all testing in compliance with cGMP.
- Performs all testing in compliance with current safety regulations.
- Conducts QC laboratory investigations.
- Performs calibration and maintenance of analytical instruments as required.
- Performs training and provides technical support to analysts as required.
- Writes, revises and implements procedures, protocols and validation reports.
- Completes any other duties assigned by QC management as required.
Education / Experience:
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in chemistry or related field. Three to five years professional experience including a minimum of three years HPLC and/or GC work. Good written English and verbal communication skills; highly organized. Computer literate with basic knowledge of office application software.
Judgment / Decision Making:
Duties are performed within framework of departmental or functional guidelines, requiring interpretation and original thinking.
A laboratory environment with exposure to chemicals, caustics, fumes, heat and electrical current.
Visual acuity and manual dexterity required to operate computer, analytical instrumentation, sample preparation. Majority of time spent standing. Often required to lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds.