Senior Cloud Engineer - OUTSIDE IR35
Working for a leading digital insurance company on an initial 6 month contract (outside IR35 - hybrid working max 1-2 days in London office), you will be part of a team responsible for building, running and owning essential platform services, Compute, Infrastructure, Observability, Storage & Messaging, Security and Developer Experience.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer (Infrastructure), you will be part of a project that automates and tests the build, recovery of products & platforms the team is responsible for. You'll use your automation, infrastructure-as-code, configuration management and observability skills to test and measure ability to restore these products from 0 to 100 - and implement your recommended changes to make it more robust. You will discover and resolve any dependencies in DNS, networking, peering, security groups or other supporting cloud components as part of the project.
You'll make a real impact by taking an active role in the team's agile practices, work with existing Infrastructure-as-Code and configuration management toolset, and leverage your deep & broad knowledge of Cloud & DevOps services.
· Build, Run, and Own first-class solutions in an agile product team
· Influence the design, approach and implementation of our build and recovery processes
· Support teams by providing technical guidance on the integration of their products & services into our migrated platforms
· Drive efficiencies & value from the infrastructure, exploiting existing & emerging technology to deliver value for our customers
· Take opportunities to mentor other members of the team
· Demonstrate experience of strategic thinking in design and administration of cloud infrastructure leveraging your deep & broad knowledge of Cloud services, DevOps culture & Agile methodologies
· Able to define and prioritise work across multiple applications, collaborating with peers in your team to collectively deliver
· Excellent knowledge of AWS infrastructure, deployment methodologies and common Sysops tasks
· Deep knowledge of IAC and Config Management tooling - primarily Terraform, and one of Ansible, Saltstack, Chef or Puppet
· Excellent knowledge of Linux, and good working knowledge of Windows system administration
· Able to take ownership of understanding and reconfiguring different business applications without oversight
· Able to write and understand a common operational language - eg, Python or Go