Working for a leading insurance company on an initial 3-6 month contract outside IR35. This role can be remote based anywhere in the UK.
Your role will be pivotal in delivering and owning high performance data applications using cutting edge technology.
The current team manages and works on multiple streams and projects that have high impact and importance for the business. This role will sit within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) team that focusses on the migration of the existing data serving to the marketing platform from Redpoint to Salesforce and introducing Near Real Time streaming for Salesforce using Kafka and Kafka Streams.
As a Senior Engineer you will be driving the development of quality solutions for our customers and be proactive in adopting and championing best practices.
You'll make a real impact by taking an active role in the team's agile practices, technical decision making and development, generating value and continuously striving to improve the quality and reliability of our data.
· Strong experience in Data Engineering - building strong, robust pipelines to ingest data from a variety of sources with a focus on real-time streaming
· Strong experience in Java (11 and above), Kafka & AWS
· Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect, KSQL
· Applied knowledge of modern software engineering principles (Agile, CI/CD, TDD/BDD)
· Active learner, keeps up to date with industry knowledge and keen to learn new languages and tools
· Self-motivated, natural leader and motivator. Passionate about Technology
· Customer focused
· Great communicator, influencer and negotiator
· Ability to use your wealth of experience to find the right solution for any given task
· Working knowledge with using Spark for batch processing
· MongoDB and Redshift knowledge an advantage