- Posted 26 January 2021
- LocationBerlin, Germany
- Job type Contract
For one of our clients in Berlin we are looking for a Senior Fixed Asset Accountant who will partner closely with all business units across multiple functions, to review, analyze, and implement policies and controls that directly affect fixed asset accounting.
To succeed in this role, the candidate needs to demonstrate exceptional communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills, and a results driven mindset.
This individual will need to be organized and strategic in order to handle multiple responsibilities at once.
- Provide audit (internal/external) support (i.e. pull relevant fixed assets support and address various inquiries)
- Provide various HGB reporting schedules impacting fixed assets
- Make recommendations to management and provide any updates to accounting policies that can be applied across multiple business groups
- Seek out unresolved accounting problems across the business and take initiative to address them
- Reconcile fixed asset sub-ledger vs. general ledger and prepare fixed assets roll-forward
- Perform various fixed assets analyses (depreciation reasonableness, mid-month review, fluctuation analysis)
- Assist in various clean-up efforts
- Assist with other ad hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and/or the equivalent in experience.
- Ideally several years of combined accounting firm and/or industry experience
- Accounting firm experience is a plus, but not required
- Previous month end close and flux analysis experience a plus, but not required
- CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of HGB and clearly communicating accounting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Excellent MS Excel Skills (proficient with pivot tables and data analysis), Power BI is a plus
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good at developing strong partnerships and influencing people.
- Motivated to take on challenges with innovative solutions while having an efficiency/process improvement mindset
- Ability to adapt fast-changing environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- strong organization skills in ensuring all key lease deliverables are appropriately organized
- Prior experience with extremely fast-paced organizations is a must
- Fluent in German and English