I am currently working with an up-and-coming gaming company who are looking for an experienced Senior Game Developer to join their fast-growing team in Helsinki for a permanent opportunity. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced game developer to take the next step in their career and who is ready to tackle fun and interesting player-facing challenges.
You will play a big part in creating a fantastic new social MMO whilst solving complex problems and working on real-time multiplayer gameplay. You will have a wide array of engaging tasks, from prototyping experimental features to writing long-living maintainable game code and much more.
- Develop high-quality and testable Unity C# code and architecture.
- Utilize Unity to provide amazing gameplay experience to players.
- Evaluate and implement up-and-coming technologies such as Unity D.O.T.S.
- Work closely with the team on the development roadmap.
- Create and maintain coding standards, code reviews and performance benchmarks.
- Create internal tools and templates for artists and designers to work efficiently.
- Distribute and share knowledge in an inclusive manner. Qualifications:
- 7+ years of Unity and C# experience from a game company or related field
- Self-driven team player who works towards a common goal
- Experience leading technical and game development teams.
- Eagerness to deliver engaging game experiences to a global audience.
- Shipped titles on major development platforms (AppStore, Google Play, Steam)
- Use code reviews and version control as a natural part of the development cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Enthusiastic of real-time multiplayer and MMO technologies
- Native mobile (C++/Objective C/Swift/Java/Kotlin) experience
- Experience with CI-/CD-pipelines and modern automatization tools
- Backend, functional programming, and algorithm development experience
- Knowledge of AWS fundamentals