Claremont Consulting has an immediate need for an experienced Senior Geological Engineer to join our growing client located in the Marietta, GA area. The individual selected will be responsible for overseeing and directing the development of various types of mine plans; conducting, reviewing, and/or approving slope stability analyses; planning mine process and production schedules; potentially traveling to various field sites; meeting with clients, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders.
* Bachelor's degree in Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geology, or related field.
* Registered Professional Engineer (preferred) and/or Registered Professional Geologist, or an EIT who is prepared to take and pass the PE exam immediately upon hire.
* Minimum of 8-12 years of experience with mining or mine planning and design, and/or DOT or energy sector experience.
* Proficient at slope stability analysis, seepage analysis, and general geotechnical engineering and design.
* Ability to oversee the work of junior staff, provide guidance and assistance.
* Ability to travel and work in extreme weather (position is 25-50% travel and fieldwork).
* Legal authorization to work in the United States (confirmed via E-Verify).
* Ability to pass a background check, drug screen, and OSHA physical.
* Must have clean driving record.
* Master's degree in Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geology, or related field.
* Significant experience with GeoStudio, AutoCAD, gINT, Bluebeam, Carlson, MathCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite software.
* Working capability with AutoCAD; the ability to make edits and do final revisions.
* OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification.
* MSHA part 48(b) Surface New Miner certification.