Claremont Consulting has an immediate need for a Direct Hire Shipping Manager role in the Houston, TX area. Excellent benefits package offered.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
- Prepare introductory period and annual performance reviews for staff and make recommendations for wage increases.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Plan and establish transportation routes.
- Confer with other department supervisors and leads to coordinate warehouse activities.
- Review invoices, work orders, or forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment.
- Confer with customers, supervisors, contractors, or other personnel to exchange information or to resolve problems.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- One to three years previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
- Intermediate computer skills required; Outlook.