Staff Accountant - Douglasville, GA
Provide management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements. This is a long-term contract with the possibility of hire.
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and departments.
- Maintain and balance automated consolidation system by inputting data, scheduling required jobs, and verifying data.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records/files, and reconciling accounts.
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, requesting disbursements, and reconciling accounts.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information, converting data to general ledger system, and obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Perform daily payroll department operations.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in accounting is required.
- Must be highly skilled in the use of Excel Spreadsheets.