Tool & Die Maker - Direct Hire Opportunity
Claremont Consulting has an immediate need for a Tool & Die Maker for a premier rubber and plastics manufacturer located in South Metro Atlanta. Ideal candidate will have 5+ years' experience working with AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Mastercam.
- Programming, machining and fabricating profile extrusion tools and dies.
- Assist with on-line trials, review, make revisions, complete modifications and document to suit.
- Assist with production extrusion tooling care, preparation and maintenance.
- Proficient at operating all standard machine shop equipment and tools (i.e. lathe, mill, surface grinder, micro hole popper, measuring tools).
- Duties will also include machine/fabrication work for finishing/fabrication department (i.e. press mold plate, punch dies, jigs/fixtures). Including inspection gauges and tools.
- Maintain shop area and equipment in respect to safety, manufactures and 5S requirements/standards.
- Work with purchasing, suppliers and vendors to support shop activities.
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years' experience working with AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Mastercam.
- Technical certification and/or degree preferred.
- Possess an operating knowledge with HASS CNC Mill and Sodick Wire EDM machines.
- Solid communication skills, self-motivated, work with little or no supervision.
- Set and meet goals/timelines, work independently as well as within a team.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.