I am currently working with a global lead within the Oil and Gas industry who are looking for a highly experienced Digital Product Designer to join their team in Abingdon, Oxfordshire on a permanent basis.
You will be joining their UX team which is made up of a mix of User Researchers, Interaction Designers, UX Designers and Visual Designers. They work in integrated software development team that consists of designers, developers, architects, and subject matter experts. Together they focus on delivering exceptional experiences to their global customers while embracing the challenges posed by an industry with a wide array of both technical and business-related needs.
· Contributing to (and depending on experience, leading) the UX of complex projects through from Discovery to Delivery, including everything in between
· Participating in and sometimes leading research to help you and your team generate understanding and empathy for your users and their needs.
· Reviewing requirements gathered from client stakeholders and subject matter experts and exploring how these can be translated into compelling design concepts.
· Planning and facilitating workshops to help you, your team, and customers discover needs, set project direction, and ideate solutions.
· Crafting experiences that go beyond good design into delighting users
· Communicating your designs both internally to team members, and to stakeholders, not only through sketches, wireframes, and mock-ups, but also verbally and in workshops
· Testing designs with users
· Helping non-UX professionals to understand the value of UX and adopt UX practices - we believe the experience is a shared responsibility and want to take the whole team on the journey.
· Drawing upon existing design standards and pattern libraries, as well as identifying opportunities to expand them where necessary.
· Thinking about Information Architecture and how best to expose only what is necessary to the end user through simple UI and Interaction.
· You have a passion for well-crafted user experiences.
· You enjoy solving problems and taking on new challenges, using a mix of creative and analytical methods.
· You are a strong collaborator with a sense of responsibility for the team's collective success.
· You are a seasoned UX Designer - this is not a good fit for someone just out of school or in the process of transitioning into UX Design.
· You think on your feet, like to learn, and can learn quickly.
· Hands-on experience working in an Enterprise environment.
· Experience using Sketch.
· Ability to create clickable prototypes of your design concepts, either in code or using tools such as OmniGraffle, Axure, Figma and Principle.
· Working in an agile environment.
· Successful experience in more complex fields such as healthcare, finance, enterprise, etc
If you are interested or would like to find our more information, please apply in, or send your CV to: email@example.com