Produce CAD drawings and Project Bills of Material/Takeoff per customer specifications.
* Work directly with design engineers to produce drawings and Bills of Material/Take offs from contract, existing drawings, electronic images and project specifications.
* Interpret existing building as-built conditions and/or structural drawings, if new building.
* Complete understanding of installation methods and common construction practices.
* Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects.
* Summarize the required materials, enter figures on materials lists, such as description, quantity, size, and color.
* May require additional isometric details for clarification purposes.
* Complete drawings and documentation packages, according to required mediums.
* Understanding of ingress/egress requirements, and related general building codes.
* Design parts and create Bills of Material/Takeoffs based on written and verbal descriptions from design engineers.
* Ensure drawings and Bills of Material/Takeoffs convey the correct information and are error free.
* Other duties as assigned.
* College degree from a recognized CAD training facility or equivalent.
* Minimum of two years previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
* Excellent computer skills required including a proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.