A leading European online FX trading and financial services company is expanding their new office in Hong Kong and is now looking for a IT Support Specialist / Technician responsible for the daily IT operations and planning for future IT needs of the Hong Kong office.
Reporting to the Head of IT Office Support based in Europe, you will join as a member of an international team for a dynamic and fast-growing IT-oriented working environment.
Your main responsibilities and duties include:
- Providing the 1st and 2nd level IT support to the users of organization both at the local office in Hong Kong (around 40 people), as well as any other locations if needed
- Escalating to the relevant internal teams when needed
- Creating and maintaining documentation
- Local IT purchases
- Planning for future IT needs of the branch (infrastructure planning, budget)
- Assisting the local office and its manager in any capacity if/when required
- Will be given the opportunity to participate in the planning, configuration, deployment and operation of the Company's IT infrastructure
- May be required to visit data centers and perform installations of IT equipment such as servers, switches, etc.
- May be required to participate in business trips
- A university degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Digital Systems or another related discipline
- At least 2 years of proven working experience in IT, preferably in a similar role
- Understanding of Windows based infrastructure environments, both on the server side and client side
- Basic understanding of networking concepts
- Knowledge and experience in supporting Windows 10 operations system
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to communicate with users of all technical levels
- Good organizational skills
- Other IT-related certificates will be considered an advantage (Microsoft MCSA / MCSE, ITIL or others)
- Other languages will be considered an advantage
Attractive remuneration package and career advancements opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
Your interests will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.