Reports to: Infrastructure Team Lead
Role type: Full Time
Salary - $70,000 - $90,000 + bonus
About The Role
My client is a global organiser of trade shows and conferences across different sectors. They run
best-in-class events which there attendees consistently describe their experience as amazing,
educational, energising, exciting, insightful, inspiring, productive, and fun.
Our live events are unprecedented gathering of individuals and companies reshaping how
consumers discover, shop, and buy. The event provides a platform for buyers and branded
manufacturers, start-ups, tech companies, investors, media, and analysts to learn, network,
collaborate and evolve.
My client was acquired by another large organisation in December 2019. This acquisition brought with it a new digital
and software platform that they now want to use to bring exhibitors and visitors together at there
world-class events, enabling buyers to meet suppliers.
Using technology enabled platforms is at the heart of their strategy to continue to be the next
generation global events business whose purpose is to create unmissable events, where customers
from all parts of the globe share extraordinary moments and shape industry innovation.
This internal customer facing role is accountable for day-to-day support of staff IT issues across the
group and as an escalation point to 3 rd line support capability across the Group. Support can be
on any element of my clients IT estate including (but not limited to) desktop computers, printers, basic
network troubleshooting, remote access, business applications and telephony. The role will provide
on-site or remote technical assistance and support to trade shows and conference as required.
The role should have a good practical working knowledge of Office 365 and Google Workspaces
email and collaboration tools as my client use both suites. Plans are to align onto Office 365 later in the year.
The role will also require good experience in supporting both Windows 10 and MacOS
The role will also include the execution of scheduled administrative tasks to support the IT
infrastructure as instructed by infrastructure team lead. Support will be provided on site and
remotely across the globe.
* Address user tickets raised in ServiceNow regarding hardware, software, or basic networking
* Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
* Ask users targeted questions to diagnose problems and guide users with simple step-by- step
* Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
* Track IT system issues through to resolution, within agreed service levels
* Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal 3 rd line teams
* Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers and clearly communicate the status of any
tickets or issues raised
* Walk customers through the installation of any applications and computer peripherals
* Administer Group Active Directory to create new users, update information, remove old users
* Administer Microsoft Teams based phone system including the configuration of new users,
* Administer Group Exchange Online: new users, leavers
* Inventory Storage for tracking growth or users or teams' data footprints
* Inventory and maintain record of workstations / laptops in the configuration management
* Do basic diagnostics for LAN networking infrastructure issues
* Be ready to learn new systems to provide support for them
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Experience & Knowledge -
Ideally 3 years' experience supporting a Microsoft Windows based on-prem/cloud
environment using Office 365, Teams, Azure, SCCM, Intune, Defender, and ATP
Practical experience of supporting Google Workspaces email and collaboration tools.
Deep Windows 10 OS/MacOS skills
Good knowledge of troubleshooting printer and driver issues
Good working knowledge/experience of the end user equipment build process
Experience of supporting Teams based meeting rooms and Clickshare equipment
Experience & Knowledge required in areas below:
Scripting skills (PowerShell, etc.)
Basic IPv4 network stack / routing / firewalls / VPN
Deep knowledge of internals of a Microsoft based stack and enterprise environment
Good working knowledge of Google Workspace email and collaboration tools.
Experience of using a support desk system preferable ServiceNow and experience of ITIL
incident and problem management process
Experience using Team Viewer for remote support
Good troubleshooting skills
Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
? Professional IT qualification