My client who are a global UK broadcaster and telecommunications provider are looking for a Senior Technical Analyst to work on a 6 months rolling contract.
You will be working within the Software Development Team, where you will work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment.
What you'll do:
- Take ownership of the requirement analysis process for particular work items taken into the Global Video Platforms roadmap - evaluating risks, predicting potential problems, documenting service spec APIs and sequence diagrams.
- As the analyst in a development scrum team, facilitate estimation sessions to obtain high level roadmap estimates and RAID logs, break down functional and non-functional requirements into user stories and present them to the team in planning sessions, provide support during the development cycle, and be able to stand-in for the Scrum Master when required.
- Work alongside Solution Architects to assist the design of reliable and resilient services in accordance to industry best practices.
- Understand how components integrate with one another and how to make those integrations resilient and reliable.
- Be able to manage the dependencies of requirements across multiple teams and departments.
- Mentor more junior analysts within the department and business as a whole.
What you'll bring:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience working with highly collaborative software engineering teams.
- Hands on experience defining and documenting requirements, translating them into technical solutions, and preparing user stories & accompanying documentation.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills, with a clear understanding of what is important when building highly available, highly reliable REST based services.
- In-depth understanding of all stages of the systems delivery lifecycle and of the inter-relationships between different technical areas and business areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and adept at translating complex technical concepts into meaningful recommendations.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for playing a key role in ensuring departmental delivery is protected at all times; being highly approachable and available to facilitate on-time delivery.