My client who are the world's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the energy industry worldwide are currently looking for a Software Developer to work on the delivery of commercial cloud-based solutions for the energy sector.
This work requires the successful applicant to have the flexibility to work across a broad technology stack, as well as being able to shape and influence the delivered solutions.
To be successful the applicant must be comfortable working in an Agile software development environment, be able to demonstrate strong initiative, as well as proactively collaborating with other groups.
* Ability to efficiently transition between technologies and programming languages
* Ability to write clean and efficient code which includes high quality automated test coverage
* Ability to work in a team environment that is fast-paced and follows Agile development practices
* Ability to work to commercial deadlines
* Good communication skills
* Strong hands-on work experience in Golang (or Go), Docker, Kubernetes (can substitute for strong .NET core or Java)
* Experience of developing Microservices and/or REST APIs
* Experience in cloud services (Azure / AWS / Google Cloud)
* Knowledge of agile working methodology
* Understanding of working in a DevOps model
Either: Bachelors/Masters in Computer science / Software engineering , or Masters or above in a mathematical, scientific or engineering discipline.